RailMount NavPods are best used for mounting of an autopilot control, sailing instrument, or small chartplotter onto an existing pedestal guard. Fits onto any 1” or 1.25” diameter tube. A Chromed Stainless Steel arm is used to mount a NavPod. The NavPod can rotate 180 degrees for easy viewing while sitting under the dodger on a rainy day. All wire run from the NavPod, down the center of the stainless steel arm, and into the pedestal guard. This application provides a clean and sturdy installation for electronics, without replacement of the pedestal guard.
All RailMount NavPods include
- Acrylic capped ABS plastic
- Chromed stainless steel tamper-proof fasteners
- Double Seal for watertight integrity
- Models are available pre-cut for popular electronics.
- Chromed stainless steel arm with swivel mount
- Two sets of adaptors included for 1” or 1.25” diameter tubing
New GEN3 Family Features
- The Hi-Gloss Material
- NavPods are manufactured with a custom co-extruded acrylic capped ABS material. We use the absolute best UV resistant material that provides a very high gloss white finish that matches gel-coated fiberglass. The Gen3 enhancements now include a thicker gauge material that improves strength and provides for better structural rigidity.
- The Waterproof Seal
- All NavPods are manufactured with a double gasket system providing an excellent watertight seal between the front and back of the NavPod for protection of your Marine Electronics. NavPods are made to withstand the harshest of wet offshore boating conditions. Gen3 enhancements include a thicker external silicone gasket with improved flush fit. The internal EPDM gasket is now 50% thicker and is not subject to “compression set” like many rubber compounds. This is important when you need to open the NavPod in the future to service your electronics.
- The Nickel Chrome Plated Screws
- We use all stainless steel mounting hardware that is supplied with each NavPod. Large round head tamperproof screws have deeper sockets for the NavPod wrench for better holding ability when tightening than the previous screws. For Gen3 we provide nickel chrome-plated stainless steel tamperproof screws for security combined with a little bling!
- The Manufacturing Process
- Heavy-gauge thermoforming is considered an art since many processes come into play. It all starts with the design and development of the tooling. We are fortunate to have experienced in-house design engineers who utilize CAD programs like Solidworks, Catia and AutoCad. Surfcam is used to interface with our CNC machining centers to produce quality tools with precision tolerances. For 2015 we have re-designed and re-tooled all of the popular NavPods. We have reviewed all of the former products and selected the best design elements of each and incorporated them in every new Gen3 product.
- Our Commitment to Quality
- We are committed to producing the best possible waterproof housing for Marine Electronics. Now with two decades of experience under our belt, we are confident you will have years of trouble free service and a long lasting high gloss finish. We will stand behind our commitment by now offering a 10-year warranty on all new Gen3 NavPods.